Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Book Club Pick for April

I can't believe it's time for the April book club pick already! March went by so fast and there were so many books! But there will be more about that in the March Wrap-Up post at the beginning of next week.

Image from Goodreads.com
Our book club pick for March was L's pick, Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. We ranged all across the board on this one, some of us loved it, some were kind of meh, and some hated it. Usually we have pretty good conversations about books when we don't all agree, so it was a fun night. We talked a lot about the similarities between our current society and the society in the book, the voluntary decline of books, and why books evoke so much emotion from those who love them. 
We also asked the question 'If you had to memorize one book to preserve for the future, which book would you pick?' A lot of people picked a book from The Bible, but my answer was, of course, The Other Boleyn Girl. 



For April our pick comes from S, who's last pick, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, was a huge hit. Everybody loved it! I think her next pick is going to be a great one too. The pick is...
Image from Goodreads.com


I don't know a whole lot about this book, just that it's an HBO special and Reese Witherspoon is in it. I've seen it all over Pinterest in the last year or so along with the rest of Liane Moriarty's books. Judging by the cover, it should be amazing! Also, the fact that all the libraries in my area have 10+ copies of this book, and ALL OF THEM are checked out, and have a huge waiting list, means it's probably pretty good. I'm going to see if I can pick up a copy at Target but if they don't have it I'll be ordering it this week, even though I promised I wouldn't buy any more books until after the move. It's for book club, so I have to get it. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment