Thursday, March 9, 2017

Book Club Pick for March 2017 and the Buzzfeed Quiz I Took

image from goodreads.com
Last months book club pick was Detroit; An American Autopsy by Charlie LeDuff. The discussion around it was great. Everyone agreed that it was good but unsettling in it's honesty about the city and the darker side of where we live. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes dark, gritty stories.

This month was L's turn to pick and she chose a book I haven't read since 9th grade! It's a short month for us since the next meeting is on March 28th so the book is only 150 pages. It's Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. I don't remember a whole lot from the first time I read it so I'm going into this one feeling like a new reader. I know its a dystopian novel and there's a quote about burning books and then burning people, but that's about it. I've always liked books in the dystopian genre, Brave New World being one of my favorite books of all time, so I think I'll probably love it.



On to the next topic-Buzzfeed! I am a sucker for Buzzfeed quizzes. I was scrolling through Facebook last night, when I should have been reading, and came across a tattoo test that reveals which book you should read next. The quiz can be found here. The result I got was The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which I happen to have gotten for Christmas two years ago and never read.
I wasn't intending to read this next. I have two Sarah J, Maas books I'm dying to get too and I told myself I'd focus on the Malazan Book of the Fallen series once I finished The Relic Master, but since the quiz told me too, I guess The Perks of Being a Wallflower just got bumped up the list. It's a slim book so I'm thinking it will be a pretty fast read. The copy I have is the movie cover, but it is one of the few movie covers that doesn't bother me. Probably because I loved the movie.

So, here is my reading 'plan' ( I use the term 'plan' very loosely and reserve the right to change it at any point.) for the next couple of weeks.
-Finish The Relic Master
-Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower
-Read Fahrenheit 451
-Make progress with Deadhouse Gates
-Start A Court of Mist and Fury
-Read a couple of fun romances in there somewhere

Most of those books are short. Romances are generally pretty short. I think I can handle that plan but I suppose only time will tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment