Friday, April 27, 2018

April Book Club Pick

April was the first month I actually read the book club pick. It was C's pick and she chose The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson This book is not one I would normally pick up. I'm not religious, at all, and worshipping God is one of the main components of this book but for the sake of bookclub I tried to remain open-minded and give this book a chance. However I found the main character, Jodie, annoying. The story dragged, every time something happened that could have been a plot point it kind of fell flat. The story didn't really pick up till around page 300. It just wasn't an enjoyable book and everyone at book club agreed. I believe that this is the first time we've all disliked a book and I honestly felt bad during the discussion because I know C really enjoys this whole series.

May's bookclub pick was M's and she chose The Tea Girl of Hummimgbird Lane by Lisa See. I read Shanghai Girls by this same author but it was so long ago that I don't remember anything except that I liked it. The cover is beautiful and it looks good so I'll be starting this one as soon as I finish my current read.

No comments:

Post a Comment