Sunday, April 1, 2018

It's been a while

I've tried to write a new post several times. I had a really long one typed out before new year but never got around to finishing it.  And, truthfully, I haven't read anything in so long that I haven't had anything to write about.

Needless to say, I didn't complete the Read My Shelves Challenge. I tried to fight the pregnancy reading slump and I failed miserably.

But it's a new year and I can start all over again, maybe with some more realistic goals. Of course now that I have two kids my available reading time is at a minimum but I'm becoming quite good at sneaking in a paragraph here and there and I've found some ways to make it easier, but that's another post.

I'm just glad that I'm starting to emerge from the reading slump, and that I have the time and desire to read again. When The Toddler was born it took nearly two years for me to start reading again on a regular basis. Now Book Baby is only 10 weeks old and I'm feeling much more like myself. Not having postpartum depression/anxiety this time around makes a huge difference.

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I'm really bad at sticking to plans so I don't really have one right now as far as reading and blogging goals for the year. I do have a goal of reading two books a month right now. The book club book and one other book. For march I didn't meet that goal, although I was close. I'm hoping to do better in April.

So hopefully I'll be writing again here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment