Friday, April 27, 2018

Readathon Weekend!


I’ve been making slow steady progress with my reading but I really need to kick it up a notch so I’ve decided to make this weekend a Readathon. It’s the perfect weekend for it. No plans. The Husband is spending all weekend working in the yard which means The Toddler will be outside with him most of the day. Which leaves me the nurse Book Baby and read.

I’m a little more than half way through A Court of Wings and Ruin and about 25% through The Lost For Words Bookshop. I’d like to finish both of them, and start the May book club pick, the Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane. I also want to start another book on my kindle once Lost for Words Bookshop is finished but I’m not sure what yet.

So it’s a little after 10pm Friday night and I’m starting now! Happy reading!

Update #1: it’s about half past midnight. I read for two hours but then took a break for a snack (leftover pizza) and got sucked into booktube. I’m at 45% now in The Lost for Words Bookshop. I’m about to lay down and read it on my phone till I fall asleep!

Update #2: it’s 7 am. I fell asleep pretty quickly last night so still at 45% in The Lost for Words Bookshop. I’m just made coffee and I’m going to read some of ACOWAR. Later today I’m taking the kids with me to a book sale at the library so that should be fun.

Update #3: 2pm. I’m now 415 pages into ACOWAR and 50% in The Lost for Words Bookshop. We went to the library and I found a copy of The Alice Network and a bunch of books for The Toddler. We came home, ate lunch, and now I’m going to make a cup of coffee and read some more. I’m pretty happy with my progress so far and I’m really enjoying both books so I should be able to finish the both by tomorrow.

Update #4: it’s almost 9pm and I didn’t get much reading done this afternoon. I’m up to 60% on Lost For Words but didn’t read anymore of ACOWAR. The Toddler is finally asleep. We did finish reading the first book in the Spiderwick Chronicles tonight at bedtime so I finished one book for the weekend so fsr! I’m headed out to get some ice cream for me and The Husband and then I’m going to read as much as I can tonight.

Update #5: I got a good chunk of reading done last night. It’s 10 am and I’ve got The Lost for Words Bookshop almost finished. I need about half an hour and I’ll be done with that one. I’ve still got about 286 pages left of ACOWAR so hopefully I’ll have that finished tonight. I do need to do some cleaning and laundry today so we’ll see how it goes.

Update #6: it’s 11pm and I had an unanticipated busy day today. I did finish The Lost for Words Bookshop but I’m still working on ACOWAR. I only have 175 pages left so there’s still a chance I could finish it before I go to sleep. I just made a cup of coffee and got a huge bottle of water out and I’m going to give it a good try. I’ll post a final update tomorrow!

Final update: I only read about 40 more pages before I feel asleep last night. I’m still reading ACOWAR but I should finish it today. I’ve been reading it this morning and only have 100 pages left. I’m working on my review of The Lost For Words Bookshop which I finished this weekend, and I’ve started In Azgarths Shadow. I’ll also be doing anoth What I’m Reading post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment