Saturday, February 25, 2017

Read My Shelves Challenge - The Whole Deal (Updated 5/23/17)

I've decided that the Read My Shelves Challenge needs a post dedicated to posting updates; including rules as they are added, the official Did Not Finish list, the official list of books I've read for the challenge, and any other information I think needs to go on here. I might even Pin it on Pinterest.
I'm also going to include a list of abbreviations since I seem to be using an awful lot of them recently. 

Goal of the Read My Shelves Challenge; To read the books sitting on your bookshelves, on your GoodReads Want-To-Read list, on your e-reader, or in your Audible library (or whatever other format you have), that you've been meaning to read but haven't gotten to yet. To cultivate the habit of reading and love the books you have. 

Abbreviations; (updated 4/22/17)
RMSC - Read My Shelves Challenge
TBR - To Be Read
DNF - Did Not Finish
GR - GoodReads
LT - Library Thing
ARC - Advance Reader Copy (Authors or publishers sometimes give these to reviewers to get reviews and spread the word on a book before it's release)
YA - Young Adult
MG- Middle Grade 


Official List of Books Read for RMSC; (updated 4/22/17)
1. The Walking Dead Vol. 10 (Kirkman)
2. Friends With Partial Benefits (Young)
3. Gardens of the Moon (Erikson)
4. The Relic Master (Buckley)
5. Bookish (Long)
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Chbosky)
7. Bury the Hatchet (Gayle)
8. Last Play (Hart)
9. A Court of Mist and Fury (Maas)
10. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

Official DNF List for 2017; (Updated 5/23/17)
1. Happily Ever All-Star (Sosie Frost)
2, Friends With Full Benefits (Young)
3. Billionaire Impossible (Anna Collins)
4. Deadhouse Gates (Erikson)
5. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me (Zapata)
6. Carnivalesque by Neil Jordan
7. Beauty and the Baller by Abbi Hemp
8. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
9. Carnivalesque (Jordon)
10. Beauty and the Baller (Hemp)

The Rules;
1. Only books I owed as of midnight on January 1st, 2017 count toward the total for the challenge.
2. Books I own and have previously read do not count.
3. Books I started but did not finish do count.
4. You don't have to finish every book you start. If you don't like it, donate it and move on to the next book.  

This page will be updated as the year goes on. I will try to link to it if it's mentioned in a post, and will try to put a date next to any updates, just for my own records. 

No comments:

Post a Comment