Wednesday, February 15, 2017

What I'm Reading Right Now and Updates on the Reading Routine

This last week or so has been a bit busy and I'm making slow progress but progress is progress. Right? So without further ado, here's what I'm reading right now.

Detroit; An American Autopsy by Charlie LeDuff- Finished! I actually read this in less than 24 hours. It was an interesting read but since I live within 20 minutes of most of the places he referenced it was a little unnerving. The writing style was not great in my opinion, some of it read like a 1940's crime novel. Full review is up on GoodReads!

The Relic Master by Christopher Buckley- Still at the beginning of this one but I love a good historical novel. I found this one in an issue of Bookmarks Magazine and its been on my TBR list for a while so I'm pretty excited to be reading it.

Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson-Still reading this one. It's good and I'm finally making some progress. I've been carrying it around the house with me since I usually just pick up the nearest book when I get a few minutes to read and I've finally hit 200 pages!

As far as the reading routine I posted about last week...That's not going so great. The plan was to use the hour between The Husband leaving for work and The Toddler waking up to read. I was going to start Monday. Well, Monday I forgot and watched Gilmore Girls instead. Tuesday The Husband had taken the day off for Valentines Day so there was no hour. I didn't even remember I was supposed to be starting a new routine this week until I put The Toddler down for her nap on Tuesday. This morning I forgot again and watched Gilmore Girls. So the new goal is to start tomorrow. I'm going to write myself a reminder on the fridge. I have a handy dandy dry erase board for stuff like that.

That's all I've got for right now. Hopefully I'll be reading some new books next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment