Thursday, January 26, 2017

Unexpected Problems

The last week and a half has been rough, to say the least. Some things have come up and disrupted my progress on the Read My Shelves Challenge. I'm supposed to post another 'What I'm Reading...' post tomorrow and for the second week in a row I have nothing new to post. Yet. Thursday isn't over yet. So here are the problems I've had come up in the last two weeks and how I'm going to deal/ work with them.

1. The most pressing/worrying thing right now; The Toddler is sick. It's not anything serious, but she has a cold. She's stuffed up, and coughing, and sleepy, and all she wants is to snuggle on the couch and watch Bubble Guppies/Sofia the First/ Tigger. Which means Mommy is now her chief snuggle partner/nose wiper. This issue makes the other issues worse because most of my time has been spent cuddled up on the couch for the last two days, but The Toddler is more important than anything else that comes up.

2. The house is for sale. This in itself is not an issue. It's the fact that we've had multiple showings nearly everyday for the last two weeks. It's really hard to keep a house ready for showings when you have a toddler, a large dog, and actually live in your house. Cleaning has kind of taken over my life.

3. Crappy books. I really should have foreseen this one. I should have realized that every single book was not going to be awesome and some would end up on the Did Not Finish list. Well, I didn't and I've been trying to slog my way through a couple of romance books that are either A. not holding my attention at all or B. turning into a creepy sex fest that makes no sense. So I think I'm ready to add them to the DNF list and move on, I've got a lot of books to read and not all of them will make the cut.

So that is where I'm at right now. I'll do my 'What I'm Reading...' post tomorrow with a bit of reviews on the two books I didn't finish and adding the ones I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment