Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What I'm Reading Right Now

I'm once again reading four books at once! I'm crazy. But it's working for me. I've decided to do a post every week as a kind of round up of what I'm reading and how it's going. This is ('obviously'-in Snape's voice of course) the first one.

This week has had some challenges. I've had to do a bit of sleep training with The Toddler because of previously mentioned sleep problems. She had a doctor appointment today, just a well child check up, but my anxiety always goes nuts about doctors appointments. We're getting ready to put our house up for sale, which has meant lots of cleaning, decluttering, and anxiety. The realtor is coming tomorrow morning to take pictures for the listing so some of that anxiety will be lifted after that. Naturally, it will all come crashing back down on Monday when the house is actually listed and I have to worry about people calling for showings at the last minute. On top of all that The Husband has been working overtime and will be for the next month, which means no breaks for Mommy, and no help with cleaning the house either. In spite of all that, I'm getting in some good reading time, mainly at nap time and after everyone else is in bed at night. It's actually helping me with my anxiety quite a bit, so things haven't been too bad on that front.

So here are the books I'm reading, in no particular order;

1. Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson; This is the first book in the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. It's been on my TBR list since my days working at the bookstore nearly nine years ago. I'm really loving so far, its very dark, but in a good way, I'm only 150 pages in but I bought the next two books in the series already.

2. Happily Ever All-Star by Sosie Frost; A secret baby/football romance. I love these kinds of romances. I'm a sucker for a guy in football pads, I guess.

3. Friends with Full Benefits by Luke Young; This is the second book in the Friends with Benefits series and I love this series so far. I don't usually read serial romances but this is nothing like the serials we sold at the bookstore, all with the same cover except the picture of the heroine and hero in a little circle on the front, and titled something like 'A Bride for the Duke' or 'The Greeks Pregnant Mistress'. I was originally intrigued because it's a romance novel by a male author and I gotta say I totally love it.

4. Hard Man by S.J. Bishop; This one's an ARC so no details, but I've loved all her previous books and this one has not disappointed.

I think that's it for the weekly update. I'll post another one next week. I'm finding that writing the blog is really helping me stay motivated. I don't even need any readers, lol, I just need to be able to write it all down.

No comments:

Post a Comment