Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The First Book of 2017!

It wasn't the book I expected it to be. And it doesn't count for the Read My Shelves Challenge. But I read the first book of 2017! How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind By Dana White. She's one of my favorite bloggers, my favorite podcasts, but I'd never bought any of her e-books until this one went on sale for $1.99. On January 2nd. So I loved it but it doesn't count for the RMSC. I actually read the whole thing in one sitting, I did skip over a few bits about decluttering because she covers that pretty well in the podcast but after I do the "28 Days to Hope for Your Home" part from the appendix I might go back and read those parts.

Also, I'm reading four books at a time right now! That's crazy! I don't usually do more than two, but they are all so different and in such varying formats that I'm able to do it right now. Only three of them will count for the RMSC, I bought The Nesting Place; It Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Beautiful by Myquillyn Smith this afternoon because the e-book was on sale for $1.99. I kind of have a thing for homemaking books at certain points in the year, and New Year's is one of those times. I'm trying to make progress on all the books everyday, the e-books and the Walking Dead graphic novel should be finished by tomorrow. I pretty bad at updating my page count (or percentage) on GoodReads unless I'm having a hard time finishing a book for whatever reason, then I need the motivation of seeing the updated percentage to keep me going. Sometimes I have a hard time concentrating on one thing at a time so I find it easier to read multiple books and switch between them frequently than try and force myself to read one, because I know I will get bored and set the books down and not pick up another one for a year. That's how I got into my reading slump a few years ago.

So, recap;

RMSC: 0/20
Reading goal for the year: 1/35

No comments:

Post a Comment